Exclusive Interview – 10 Questions 2 Pols
10 Questions 2 POLS
01. Can you tell us more about your music history, do you have formal training, maybe something many people don’t know about you?
We started with a different genre and different projects. Vincent was involved in the electro scene since 2008, with another project, and Paolo was resident DJ in some clubs around our city. Vincent, who is a drummer and Paolo plays a bit of guitar, not very specific study for techno music but it helps for productions. Also, we spend both our lives in music studios and training rooms with friends making music.
02. How did you get into the techno scene and what are your first memories of techno music?
We were friends since we were young, so at one point we were speaking about making some collaboration together and at the end, we decide to do our own project. There are so many memories with music not just techno.
- Vincent: “I was born in 1983, so I had the chance to live some experiences in the late 90s when this movement was growing.”
- Paolo: “I remember exactly the first time I listened to techno. It was at a friend’s home, we were listening to some random tapes we borrowed off a friend’s brother and that’s how I discovered techno!”
03. Where do you see the techno scene in 10 years? And how do you see yourself in 10 years within the scene?
Well, we think Techno is an evergreen genre. A lot of genres come, explode and then die.. sometimes they come back, but Techno is the most strong, possibly a lifetime genre because it is so underground. I mean, my father knows Techno but doesn’t know dubstep or trap, so probably my sons will be listening to techno as well.
04. Where do you most enjoying playing? Crowded festivals or more intimate clubs?
It’ depends. It’s not about the number of people, it’s about the energy, you can get more involved and enjoy more a crowd of 100 people then 10,000. It’s about the energy of the music, crowd and you that matters.
05. Do you prefer to play live/DJ or is it all about the music production?
We do both. One of the strongest things in our team is to divide up the jobs. Vincent is more into production and Paolo more into djing. So we work together but we have specific and divided jobs. Of course, production is a strong part of our work, we meet up almost every day in the Meet Your Vibes studios, not just for doing our music but also to jam with other musicians, every day new inspirations.
06. Tell us your most proud moment in your career to date?
Probably the Anomalies Event, the big opening party at Anomalie Club, in Berlin, one of the coolest and newest clubs in Germany. Very underground, different floors, all playing Techno, was really great to play there so awesome.
07. What music/genres do you listen to when you’re at home?
- Vincent: “I listen to all music, I divide it into music I like and music I don’t like. I love funk, reggae, glitch hop, dubstep and every kind of electronic music. I love Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Bob Marley, Bodzin and many more.. so really I don’t care about genres, I just need music, as it makes me feel good.
- Paolo: ”I listen to rock n roll music, I love ACDC, then I love to search in the underground scene what I can find. Lately, I’m listening to a lot of instrumental music, from every part of the globe, and if you’re asking if we listen to Techno, well usually not at home!”
08. What parties and festivals should we not miss this year?
As we said, a new Club in Germany has opened, so, I think they will do big things at Anomalies. Of course, there is ADE 2018, that is always one of the biggest events we love to attend, and we had a chance twice to perform in last years event. We would probably bet Tomorrowland will have some excellent Techno artists this year, so let’see what’s happening and we would like to attend the Detroit Movement Event in May.
09. Do you have any tips for new producers/upcoming talents?
Yes, a lot. But most of them are stuff you have to learn, no suggestion can really help. The best suggestion we could give is to work hard and stay with a low profile, don’t be arrogant and be humble every day.
10. Can you tell us more about your plans for the coming 12 Months? Do you have any new productions/collaborations projects?
We have a lot of stuff incoming! Not in any order:
- ‘Wide Up EP’ on Repressure Recordings with remixes from Johnny Kaos, Asem Shama and Desiray Saija.
- Space Stones Ep on M5 records.
- Eruption Ep on Advanced.
- A collaboration with our bros – Feel Flow on Monotonik records and some remixes and collaborations with Nihil Young forthcoming.
So there is a lot of unreleased stuff too, that we are looking forward to releasing in 2018, we hope you will like them!
More info: www.facebook.com/polslivemix
( Exclusive Techno Interview 10 Questions 2 Pols by Arthur Bergmann )
- Previous Techno Artist Of The Week [AOTW02] – Pig and Dan
- Next Techno Overview – Metapattern – Unification Algorithm EP